Earn1K is the course by Ramit Sethi that will teach you the 16 steps you need to earn your first $1000 on the side.
You may know Ramit from links on Lifehacker or his “automate your finances” video.
You’re here because you’ve heard about the course, and you want to know more before you decide. As a graduate of the course I’ll share my personal experiences with you so you can make the right decision.
Judging by the value in Ramit’s blog alone it’s a no-brainer to invest in his other products. Ramit’s products have, for me, paid off easily over 10x their cost and have allowed me to set up the proper systems for financial success.
A word of warning: before you think about starting Earn1K – at LEAST complete Ramit’s entire book or bootcamp. If you have not, you run the risk of getting overwhelmed and needing to automate everything at the last minute. It is preferable to have your finances automated, your credit cards cleared and your rates lowered before you invest in Earn1K.
This is Ramit’s most value-packed product to date and it’s also the most life-changing. If you are stuck in a job that makes you absolutely miserable and you want freedom, or you’re out of a job and you’ve gotta get something going to make ends meet then this is exactly where you need to be.
Did I personally have to wheel and deal to put together the money for it? Yes I did. Was I crazy nervous about failing? Hell yes. Did I hate my job enough to not care about ANY of these things? HELL YES!
So I went for it.
I am an Earn1K alumni, and it was worth every penny.
HOWEVER: There are some drawbacks, downsides and pitfalls:
- If you don’t have at LEAST 5 hours a week to dedicate – forget it, save your $$$
- Do NOT take this course if you have debt. Focus on getting financially stable first [ignore this at your own peril]
- Prepare to take flack from friends/roommates when discussing Earn1K – they won’t understand what you’re going through
- Then prepare to field business questions and ideas from those same friends after witnessing your results
- Stick. To. The. Program. – I cannot emphasize this enough. Complete every week and if you fall behind, don’t get caught in a guilt-loop and lose your inertia! Forget whatever survey/video you missed and MOVE ON! This is super important – momentum is CRITICAL!!
- You will and must learn how to get inside your client’s head. You will dominate with this tactic so long as you’re not 0% empathetic.
- If you can work on Earn1K somewhere other than home, do it. Coming home from a crappy job is a surefire way to end up watching TV or slacking off on the internet. Go somewhere on the way home and work on E1K for 60-90 and you’ll get more done.
- Freelancing can be HARD! Get ready to take some knocks, be ignored and shot down. The people who make the most money are the ones who figure out how to stand back up the best.
So, what are you waiting for?
Written by Andrew Baber+